Data Content (Architecture | Engineering | Metadata | Modeling) is one of the six defined Data Management Capabilities.
Data Content focuses on the core concepts of “data meaning” – how data is defined, described and related.
- Identify and inventory the data
- Achieve a unified view of data meaning
- Manage inbound data
- Create lineage and data supply chain understanding
- Maintain data catalogs and inventories
- Establish and enforce metadata management processes
- Control access, distribution and appropriate use of data
Organizations that identify, record and make available information about the people that define, produce, and use specific data demonstrate efficient and effective coordination, cooperation, and communications around these data.
Organizations that document information about highly valued data elements demonstrate improved understanding and business use of these data.
- Business Element – Data Element Construct
- Business Element Criticality Criteria and Measurement Construct
- Data Asset Inventory Construct
- Domain Inventory – Authorized Provisioning Construct
- Data Model Framework
- Business Glossary – Data Dictionary Framework
- Metadata Framework
- Data Lineage – Data Flow Construct
- Capability Optimization
- RACI Matrix
- Process Designs and End-to-End Process Integration
- Procedures Guide
- Process Performance Measurement