Data Governance is one of the six defined Data Management Capabilities.
Data Governance defines the operating model and the importance of policies, procedures, and standards as the mechanism for alignment among (and compliance by) stakeholders.
- Establish governance accountability across the enterprise
- Operationalize the governance framework and routines
- Define data management policies and standards
- Align data standards and policies with the control functions
- Support QA, compliance, and internal/external audit processes
Organizations that build, communicate effectively, and enforce data management policies assure themselves of lower levels of enterprise risk when it comes to data management and data compliance assessments.
- Governance Model
- Data Management Standards / Policies
- Governance Roles
- Data Security
- Data Archiving and Retention
- Capability Optimization
- RACI Matrix
- Process Designs and End-to-End Process Integration
- Procedures Guide
- Process Performance Measurement